Need the best FPV goggles 2018? If you’re looking to get into the world of racing drones, or you just want a more immersive experience for use with your camera drones, you definitely need a set of FPV goggles.
There are a ton of FPV goggles available on the market at a cheap and affordable price (many of them are extremely low quality). Here are the top 10 best FPV goggles in 2018. We considered the FPV goggles at all levels such as beginners, experienced users, and drone racers to give our best.
In this fpv goggles review, we compared more than 15 top brands and finalized this list. Before getting into the technology development, either you’re familiar with Drones and FPV Systems, FPV glass, drone headset and FPV Goggles, or you’re new to the block, and gonna ask me What is an FPV drone? Let me walk you through the basics about the Drone flying and relevant Hi-Tech Gadgets.
- 10 Best FPV Googles 2018 Comparison
- FPV Systems Overview
- 10 Best FPV Googles 2018 Review
- 1. DJI Goggles 1080p HD Immersive FPV Drone Accessory
- 2. Fat Shark FSV1063 Dominator V3
- 3. Flysight 40CH FPV Goggles With HDMI
- 4. EACHINE EV100 FPV Goggles with Dual Antennas
- 5. Skyzone SJ-V01 Glasses Goggles FPV Video HD Headset
- 6. EACHINE EV800 FPV Goggles Video Glasses
- 7. EACHINE VR-007 Pro FPV Goggles
- 8. Eachine VR006 Mini FPV Goggles Headset VR
- 9. BTG JJPRO VISION Full Band FPV Goggles Headset
- 10. Quanum DIY FPV Goggle V2 Pro
10 Best FPV Googles 2018 Comparison
|FPV Goggles||Resolution||HDMI Input||Receiver||Battery||Price|
|1. DJI FPV Goggles||1920x1080||Yes||2.4 Ghz||9440 Mah|
|2. Fat Shark Dominator V3||800x480||Yes||Supports |
|3. Flysight FPV Goggles||854x480||Yes||5.8 Ghz||External Battery|
|4. EACHINE EV100||720x540||Yes||5.8 Ghz||1000 Mah|
|5. Skyzone SJ-V01 Glasses||1280x800||Yes||5.8 Ghz||Not Included|
|6. EACHINE EV800||800x480||No||5.8 Ghz||2000 Mah|
|7. EACHINE VR-007||480x272||No||5.8 Ghz||1600 Mah|
|8. Crazepony FPV Goggles||500x300||No||5.8 Ghz||500 Mah|
|9. BTG JJPRO VISION||800x480||No||5.8 Ghz||2000 Mah|
|10. Quanum FPV Goggle||800x480||No||Not Included||Not Included|
FPV Systems Overview
FPV (First Person View) Systems totally changed the way the RC drones were flown. An FPV System is a combination of camera and transmitter on drone and a receiver and screen on the ground or in the hands of the pilot.
Unlike the earlier drones, you can see everything that your drone sees on air. It is more like flying a plane from inside the cockpit. You can feel like a pilot, take photos or do racing with ultimate comfort and ease. The camera on the drone captures the video and sends it through the transmitter, and the receiver receives it and displays it on the screen (Screen glass, Tablet screen or FPV Goggles) for your viewing.
Comparably the experience of using an FPV drone with Goggles is more exciting and fun than using a tablet or a Screen glass for viewing. Before using any of this FPV system, you should first build the ability to fly your drone through LOS (Line of sight), which means controlling your drone without using the video feed or goggles.
There are few more gadgets available for a more engaging and exciting RC Racing or Photography experience. Drone headset, FPV goggles or Quadcopter Goggles, FPV Camera kit are few among them.
This article is all about FPV Goggles. There are a lot of Cheap FPV Goggles available on the market, Imagine you buy a gadget you’re so excited about and you end up buying a worthless gadget which makes you try repairing it often while drone flying. When you’re on goggles and if your goggles screen doesn’t work properly, the faulty goggles potentially can make you crash your own drone.
10 Best FPV Googles 2018 Review
For the benefit of everyone, have listed the top 10 Best FPV Goggles.
DJI Goggles is the number one brand for FPV goggles and tops the list of best FPV Goggles, it comes with a pair of large sized high-quality screens. The wireless goggle can give you a flawless connectivity, and the well-engineered receiver provides great performance even in a fairly long range also.
The goggle gives you direct control for capturing photos and videos. It also has different flight modes like Active track, Tapfly, Terrain follows, Cinematic Mode and Tri-pod Mode which let you experience completely different dimensions.
The long range, as well as close range viewing, comes with a low latency of 110Ms. DJI’s wireless transmission system allows you to connect four devices to the Mavic pro at once so that your family or friends also can enjoy the experience you want to give them. The comfort of wearing this first-person view goggle is also quite good as it clamps to your head instead of clamping to your face. This is similar to the Sony VR Headset.
DJI Goggles has Head-tracking technology which turns the camera angle to the tune of your head movements. This FPV Goggle has an HDMI Port, so this can be used as a monitor for other video sources also. You can download the flight video for offline viewing after you’re done with flying. But this is limited to 1080p. If you’re filming in 2k or 4k it cannot be downloaded to your goggles later.
- 720p/60 fps Viewing
- Downloadable flight footage
- Dual 1920 x 1080 HD Screens; 1080p/30 fps Viewing
- Ergonomic, Lightweight Design; Up to 6 Hours Battery Life
- HDMI Input & 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Head Tracking Control
- Head tracking for camera control.
- Intelligent Flight Mode Support; Integrated Touchpad
- Micro-USB and microSD Card Support
- Completely wireless goggles give you more comfortable without the wire disturbing your flying experience
The Fat Shark Dominator V3 is one of the best FPV goggles for intermediate users who don’t like to invest more on FPV goggles.
The Dominator V3 FPV Headset Feature a modular design. If you want to add a custom module or an additional accessory, it can be done with this kind of modular designs.It is possible to add a receiver module on top of the existing one. This feature allows you to customize your module for Head Tracker and other accessories to stay on the cutting edge.
HDMI connectivity with 720p support through mini HDMI Port, The DominatorV3 has modular bays to support 1G3, 2G4 and 5G8 band receivers and ability to add the Trinity head tracker. The package doesn’t include HDMI Cable and adapters.
It features a WVGA (800 x 480) resolution image with a 30° field of view and an integrated DVR that records the video downlink to microSD/SDHC cards up to 32GB in size.
In order to receive the video downlink from your wireless video transmitter, a receiver module is required. Receiver modules are available in 1.3GHz, 2.4GHz, or 5.8GHz options. Please note that Fatshark only guarantees compatibility with NexwaveRF modules from Fat Shark for ImmersionRC.
To install the receiver module, simply remove the door panel on the side of the headset, insert the module, and snap the door panel back in place. Interpupillary Distance (IPD): 59 to 69 mm (adjustable)
- Built-in Digital Video Recorder (DVR). DVR will auto-save any recorded video if the is power disconnected.
- Dominator V3 ships with a fan equipped faceplate for exceptional comfort and lens fogging prevention.
- 16:9 widescreen WVGA display (30-degree FOV diagonal).
- Supports Interlaced 3D. NTSC/PAL auto switching.
- This new version comes with 18650 battery case, FSV2442 Receiver and Antenna, all in one package. Simply add batteries and you’re ready to fly.
A Slick and comfortable goggle! A high softness material around the side which touches your face and forms a wall to arrest the gap, so no more distracting light leaks. The 854x480Px LCD screen gives you a wonderful HD Clear viewing experience.
A front camera with 640x480Px provides a clear surrounding view. You can enable the camera view by a clicking a button, it switches between a Small window and Fullscreen with a click of the button. You don’t have to take off your goggles while controlling your drone.
First person drone racing needs an effective receiver to minimize the latency. The 5.8 GHz dual receivers are extremely sensitive and connect with the available stronger signal. Compatible with most of the drones.
The package includes a fly sight Goggles, 2X Antennas, AV out Cables, DC Cable, Headphone cable, Remote control cable, HDMI Cable, External Battery, Goggle case, Cleaning cloth and user manual.
- Allows you to check the surrounding view while controlling the drone, the front camera provides up to 100-degree FOV. Easy to notice any hidden danger
- HD resolution 854*480px, provide clear and vivid image, equivalent to watching the 42-inch screen
- Plug and play, lightweight and extremely comfortable. Can be worked with DJI Phantom 3, Typhoon H ST16 controller and Walkera racing drones
- Provide smooth real-time video transmission with almost no latency, auto-connect to the stronger signal.
- The FPV goggles are solid, long-lasting. 12-Month Money Back Guaranteed for any reason
Eachine EV100 has adjustable Interpupillary distance from 58MM – 64MM, Adjustable focal length is a remarkable advantage for people with poor vision.
External DVR modules also supported, it has an inbuilt fan which can defog the glasses for better visuals. This Goggle also has a dual Antenna which enhances the reception capacity. Auto search system searches all frequencies and selects the strongest channel.
When you fly your drone all day, you can charge your Goggle with a power bank. Though the battery is only 1000Mah, the charging facility provides you with the convenience of using it for longer hours.
- Support AV Input and Output, External HDMI to AV Module, External DVR module
- Single receiver with Dual Antennas, enhance the reception and stable performance.
- With Fan, can defog the glasses for good visual experience.
- Adjustable focal length allows pilots under 400-degree myopia view directly via naked eye
- Auto Search function, can auto search all frequencies and select the channel of strongest signal.
Skyzone SJ-V01 Glasses is a comfortable and perfect member to be in your FPV Drone Racing Kit. This has a 7″ screen with the 12800/800Px resolution which provides an ultimate visual treat, Watch the Drone view just like watching from your home theatre. It has a built-in speaker with volume control buttons.
Hypersensitive 5.8 GHz 40CH receiver works flawlessly when comparing with the similarly configured Drone racing gear, Automatic frequency search can search up to 10 channel at once. A show-stealing 72 degrees field of view, OSD Display shows you current information.
- 7″ 1280x800px Immersive Display, gives you the feeling of sitting front row in your own personal cinema.
- Automatic channel search, can maximum search 10 channels
- HDMI input, connect the Head play HD goggles directly to your DJI Inspire/Lightbridge or other HD downlinks.
- Hyper-Sensitive 5.8GHz 40CH Receiver Included
- mind blowing 72-degree field of view
Eachine EV800 Glasses more or less looks like the skyzone SJ-V01 but this one is slightly stylish, Screen size is 5″ with 800x480Px resolution, HD high brightness LCD optimal for FPV Racing, A sponge covered sides close the gaps to avoid light leaks when the goggles are on. It has a 5.8GHz 40CH receiver which gives less latency while receiving the feeds.
AV Input included 2000Mah battery provides longer than expected FPV time. A Power bank can be more convenient and provides you with a daylong Drone racing. The separable design allows to use it as a monitor for RC with a tripod.
The advanced auto -searching function shows you the currently connected frequency. A bigger Field view of 82 degree makes the visual experience more immense.
- 5 inch 800*480px HD high brightness LCD
- 92% transparent lens adopted, no distort, no blur on the adage of screen
- Dimension: 180x145x82mm
- Ergonomic design fit your faces
- Lightweight 375g with 3.5hr 2000mAh battery, RTF for any scale racing game
- Super-wide visible angle up to 82 degree
- Weight: 375g with 3.5hr 2000mAh battery Belt: three-ways adjustable belt
The design and weight of the goggle are sleek and light, It has a 4.3Inch Screen which can fairly show the visuals, not HD though. 5.8G 3db, RP-SMA which is upgraded with power indicator and frequency display does a decent enough job of receiving.
A 1600Mah battery separately which provides display function and supports USB SV Charging. The menu option can be seen in multilingual, options can be chosen from OSD Menu. The 480x272Px resolution provides enough brightness to use outdoors and best fpv drone for the money.
- Customized eyeglass, myopia below 400° needn’t wear glasses.
- High softness, ventilate and environmental sponge fit the contours of the face, more comfortable, less ambient light.
- The settled three-point fillet can reduce the pressure of long-time wear to the head.
- Standard 1600mAH 3.7V (1S) Lipo battery, with power display function, supports USB 5V charging, long life.
- Upgraded receiver, with Power Indicator and Frequency Display.
A budget FPV Goggle customized with HD Mini for High definition visuals. This FPV gadget has a 3″ display with the 500x300Px resolution which gives a clear vision, Comfort of wearing this goggle is pretty high as it is light weighted and has adjustable straps.
Since this goggle doesn’t have video input or an HDMI port these may not be compatible with several high-end drones. But you can seriously FPV with these fairly for a beginner. One touch auto search and scan to match the transmitter makes the setup process easy.
- The adjustable headband-high elastic headband can be freely adjusted elastic, suitable for ergonomic, comfortable to wear and it with a cooling hole.
- One key auto-search function and key operation, no need to remove the glass, also easy to use the button.
- Single receiver, dual antenna (RP-SMA male),built-in power amplifier module, a significant increase in receiver sensitivity.
- Size: 138mm x 129mm x 79mm (5.4inch x 5.1inch x 3.1inch)
- This is an HD Mini customized VR goggles to create a high-definition vision, Based on Fresnel optical lens zoon principle, it increases our immersive feeling and brings us more excitement and fun.at the same time, it is very easy to set up the goggles with the one-button auto search channel function.
A wireless receiving display Goggle in low price range makes this one of a widely used FPV Goggles. A 5″ screen gives you larger enough visual to make your FPV experience a memorable one.
The battery capacity is 2000Mah, which is also another key feature which increases the working time, most video glasses for FPV doesn’t offer this battery capacity in this low price range. The 5.8g receiver may not offer best of the receiving like high-end long range FPV Systems, but this is still a better performer among entry-level FPV drone goggles.
- Compatible with 250 FPV Racing Quadcopters
- Full-band 5645M~5945M; automatic search and manual search; scan to match the Transmitter
- JJPRO OEM product, BTG Package including a headset with 5.8G receiver,1S 2000mAH rechargeable Lipo Battery, USB Charger cable
- Resolution: 800X480(WVGA); 5.8G Receiver, 5″ Screen
- Wireless Receiving Display Image
Among the Cheapest FPV kit, Quannum DIY V2 pro cannot be avoided on the list. The design is more specific on comfortable wearing and viewing, Soft cushion around the goggles nicely fits the face.
The package includes Lighter Multi-purpose Neoprene goggle glove with pockets for Head Tracker. 5″ TFT monitor resolution: 800 x 480 pixels gives a clear visual.
The Quanum DIY FPV Goggle goggles are one of the best cheap FPV goggles on the market. This is a viewing goggle only and needs to be paired with your favorite Video receiver, transmitter, camera and battery for the full FPV experience
- 5″ TFT monitor resolution: 800 x 480 pixels
- EPP Foam goggle case size: 162mm x 170mm x 102mm
- Format: PAL/NTSC supported
- Neoprene glove color: Black
- Neoprene goggle glove size: 300mm x 230mm
In a Nutshell,
FPV system flying is a rapidly growing trend in the various RC hobbies. About a decade ago flying an RC (Remote control) drone became popular and affordable. A lot of people started buying and flying drones with RC. Drones are being used by civil population for RC Drone racing and even for Aerial photography. Even simply flying it gives you a lot of fun. The evolution of drone flying is absolutely unbelievable and exciting at the same time.
So now you almost have gone through the topic and familiar with the terms, you got the necessary information do an FPV Goggle comparison yourself since you just gone through video goggles review, just think about the virtual reality drone which you want to try or you already own.
Either you choose an HDMI Goggle or MVGA compatible Goggle, Drone goggles or FPV glasses, just keep it very clear that, always you should choose your FPV gadgets which are compatible with your FPV drone kit, and look for provisions for future upgrades, so that you may not have to dump the existing goggle to buy a new one. DJI, Fatshark, and Eachine are the pioneers in manufacturing goggles. You can just upgrade.
Hope this above review and comparison of the goggles and our final list of 10 best FPV goggles 2018 can help you to get your dream FPV goggles at ease.